Starting point :
Follina, Ponte del Cristo
Starting point coordinates :
From the bridge of the Christ next to the centre of Follina, follow the “Fiadora” stream and then turn left onto the path climbs to the Follina’s Cross. After 300 meters in “Volpera” way, turn off on path n. 1029 which leads to the Valmareno’s Cross with a panoramic view of the homonymous village. Once you get off near the cemetery, follow the path that winds along the banks of the “Fiadora” and “Corin” streams, closing the ring again in the village of Follina.
The waterways that cross the small town of Follina for centuries have been a source of energy for wool fulling machinaries, mills, hammers, sawmills and above for famous wool mills, so much so that the toponym “Follina” seems to be attributable to the existance of the machinaries for the wool industries. Around “Via dell’Acqua” we find the “Fiadora” stream (also called “Filadora”) which in the past fed the “Barberis – Rusca” wool mill and the abbey. A particular religious value was attributed to the source of the Our Lady, in a fair with the source of “Santa Scolastica” which flows behind the former college of “San Giuseppe”, from which the “Follina” stream originates. In “Valmareno”, in the locality of “Case Carniel”, there is the “Fontaniva” spring, whose waters flow into the “Corin” stream that rises just downstream of the first bend of the road that climbs to “Praderadego” pass.